Careers at ServiceCentral
Available Opening: Atlanta, GA
VP Finance and Controller
The VP Finance and Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- People-centric personality
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Time management
- Innovative and client focused
- Analytical and forward thinking
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting and human resources department
- Manage outsourced functions with auditors, banks, payment processors, etc.
- Ensure accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Issue timely and accurate financial statements including operating metrics
- Coordinate and manage the annual outside auditor engagement for preparation of corporate annual reports
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of the company
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
Education and Work Experience
- Masters or Bachelors in Finance and Accounting
- Deep knowledge of Quickbooks and other accounting software.
- 8+ years as a Controller
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively orchestrate and manage accounting and human resources in a high growth organization
- CPA license
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) based companies a plus
Company’s Leadership Competencies
- Shows determination to achieve excellent results
- Focuses on the market
- Finds better ways
- Demands top performance
- Develops Self and others
ServiceCentral respects the privacy of our employees, customers, and partners and is committed to protect information from internal and external threats. Information technology systems and data are valuable assets which are essential in supporting ServiceCentral’s strategic objectives. Effective information security management is critical in order to ensure the successful enablement and delivery of business functions and services. ServiceCentral is committed to preserving the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all physical and electronic assets.
- Flexible telecommuting program (local only)
- Generous paid time off policy
- Health insurance and 401K
- Competitive compensation
Join Our Team
We believe in creating teams with purpose and forging successful career paths as we grow. If you are a hungry, independent thinker who values people and community, we want you on our team.