ServiceCentral, a global service management software and services organization, is in search of an experienced and talented Software Product Specialist. As a product specialist you will wear several hats. The role’s primarily responsibility is fielding and resolving technical software application issues, but responsibilities also include active involvement in quality assurance testing, implementation analysis/configuration, and sales support.
For all job inquiries, please submit your desired position and resume to email@example.com.
Desired Skills & Position Responsibilities
The product specialist role requires excellent communication skills. We are seeking candidates with well-rounded skills that emphasizes strong commitment to customer satisfaction and get the job done attitude.
The ideal candidate will have 5 (+/-) years of customer service/support experience with web-based software applications – preferably Service Management, CRM, and Supply Chain or Logistics solutions. The candidate will have experience and working knowledge of software development methodologies and enterprise implementations. Industry experience in the telecom, wireless or electronics markets is preferred, but not required. Light travel may be required.
- Possesses working knowledge of web technologies, web application development methodologies, and enterprise solution design and development.
- Comfortable performing hands on software setup and configuration tasks.
- Experienced with systems integrations; XML is preferred.
- Self-motivated to become industry proficient and a product expert.
- Capable of providing Level 2 technical support to external customers.
- Experienced coordinating and managing support requests into an online case management system.
- Experienced writing reports and analyzing data; SQL experience a plus.
- Required to perform hands on software application setup and configuration tasks.
- Must become knowledgeable with software installation procedures and server-side configuration tasks.
- Capable of identifying additional opportunities for solutions within customer environments and share with account managers/sales staff.
Testing and Training
- Equipped to perform quality assurance testing for new product releases and client specific feature requests.
- Must be able to coordinate user acceptance testing and issue resolution with client and development team.
- Willing to provide software application training to clients for implementations and enhancements.
Tools / Process
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
- Software Bugs/Enhancements tracking processes
- Microsoft Project experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Windows Client and Server OS’s – IIS is a plus
- Linux experience is a plus
- Popular Web Browsers – IE, Chrome, Edge, Firefox
- Basic network knowledge – TCP/IP, Routers, Firewalls
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience:
- Flexible Telecommuting Program (local only)
- Generous paid time off policy
- Health & 401K
- Competitive Compensation
- Location: Atlanta